The amazing health benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is star ingredient in Indian curries and many Middle Eastern dishes. But the bright yellow-orange colored spice provides much more than flavor and color. Turmeric has been labelled the ‘healthiest’ of all spices. Why? Well, extensive studies have shown that one of its compounds called ‘Curcumin’ has major healing powers that rival pharmacy medication.
From Cancer fighting to pain killer properties, Turmeric has disease reversing properties you don’t want to miss out on!
Here are 8 reasons to add it your diet:
- Turmeric can promote weight loss naturally.
- Research on cancer cells showed Curcumin (in Turmeric) to reverse the disease, kill the cancer cells and prevent it from spreading!
- Turmeric treats inflammation. Inflammation in the body can lead to ALL short and long term diseases like cancer.
- This powerful spice has antidepressant qualities without the side effects of conventional medication.
- Turmeric is an ancient skincare secret! It helps heal wounds and prevents scars. It is also a great ingredient for skin brightening treatments and DIY masks.
- This powerful spice is effective in the treatment of arthritis.
- Turmeric is nature’s aspirin, so it prevents blood clotting.
- In many studies, Turmeric had been found to treat and reverse the effects of Diabetes.
At Sea of Herbs, we are a family of Herbalists with a passion for natural herbs and remedies. Turmeric is a recurring ingredient both in our carefully curated spice mixes as well as our Medicinal Teas such as ‘Urinary Tract Infections Tea’ and ‘Liver Problems Tea’. As with all things, anything taken to excess can have side effects, so if you have any special health conditions speak with your doctor.