The Queen of Spices
Cardamom is the ‘Queen of Spices’. Not only is the fragrant spice strong, it’s also ‘feminine’ in its soothing aroma. Historically this spice is one of the most expensive spices after Saffron and Vanilla. In Palestine and the Middle East we tend to use cardamom quite a bit, in savory dishes, sweets and to add flavor to coffee. It is also very healthy, in particular for men! Here are some reasons to add cardamom to your daily diet.
Ten Health Benefits of Cardamom:
- Cardamom can reduce risk of colon + rectal cancer.
- In India, Cardamom pods are often chewed after meals to freshen the breath. The oils released from chewing prevent Halitosis.
- Cardamom improves the circulation and prevents blood clots.
- Is a relative of ginger, and can help in treating nausea and vomiting.
- Cardamom is natural diuretic, making it a great detoxifier for healing urinary tract diseases.
- It is a natural aphrodisiac, and can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence.
- Cardamom is healthy for your heart and can lower cholesterol levels.
- It is believed to have anti-depressant and anti-stress properties. There’s nothing like a cup of Cardamom tea to lift the spirits!
- Cardamom is an anti-inflammatory spice, which in turn can relieve pain, swelling and inflammation related diseases.
- This spice can help your digestive system, and give relief from acidity, gas and stomach cramps.