8 ways to Self-care:
Some people are born with amazing genes, but even the most blessed can agree that taking care of what we have can both maintain and enhance our best assets. The same principle goes for mental and physical wellbeing. At Sea of Herbs we believe in enhancing your natural beauty from the inside out.
Taking the time to create a self care ritual can be both relaxing and self-affirming. It can function as a preventative measure for anxiety and depression. Even when you don’t feel your best, maintaining your self care ritual can remind you that you are important. It could be taking the time to drink your coffee before the day begins, taking exercise or applying a face oil. And it’s alright if some days seem more indulgent than others. Start small and don’t beat yourself up for lack of perfection.
So if you don’t already have a Self Care routine we thought it would be fun to give you some ideas.
- Start your day by being self compassionate. If you love yourself, it will radiate and you don’t have to rely on others for your self esteem.
- Drink water. Strive to eat healthy for most of the day. Making the time to choose healthy food is a great way of saying I deserve the best. You will also feel better!
- Sleep well. Take naps when you can. The research on the importance of sleep is astounding. It can greatly affect your mood, health, productivity, focus and appearance.
- Take a break from your phone and social media. To quote my favorite poem Desiderata, ‘If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.’
- Get moving. Take a walk in nature, listen to the birds and feel the autumnal leaves crunch under your feet. Physical exercise can help your mental and physical wellbeing, surpassing the effects of antidepressants without the harmful side effects.
- Take up a hobby, a class or activity that interests you. Whether it’s that painting class you’ve always wanted to do or archery, try new things!
- Take care of your face, hair and body with Sea of Herbs (Wink Wink)! Taking the time everyday to bathe, apply a skincare routine and hair mask says, ‘I’m worth it and I’m beautiful.’
- Lastly don’t forget to calm and rejuvenate your senses with scent. Scent has the amazing power of changing our mood and relaxing our bodies and minds. Our Clean Essential oils are pure and powerful! Try our Eucalyptus oil to give you that clean spa aroma.
I hope you found these ideas and tips helpful, do reach out to our team for any questions regarding our products and recommendations.