10 Benefits of drinking your fruits & Vegetables
I don’t know about you, but personally, making sure to eat a salad everyday is a hassle, not to mention the fact that don’t care for the taste of certain raw greens like Kale. But I do know the enormous short and long term health benefits of eating greens and fruits every day. So I decided to join the green smoothie craze and have myself a generous cocktail of greens and seasonal fruits for breakfast every day. I was surprised to find that it was delicious! It also boosted my energy consistently throughout the day in comparison to the slump I usually feel a few hours after I drink coffee. I also immediately felt the health benefits on my skin and digestion. I was curious to know the other health benefits I could reap, and I thought it would be helpful to share them with you!
The health benefits of green smoothies:
- Highly nutritious: Green smoothies allow you to get your daily dose of vegetables and fruits (vitamins and minerals) no matter how busy/lazy you are.
- The Perfect Breakfast: It’s the perfect breakfast because it’s fast and easy to make, super nutritious and can boost your energy levels throughout the day.
- Weight loss: By drinking a green smoothie everyday, you can lose weight naturally since the smoothies are full of fiber and filling and low in calories.
- Improves Digestion: Green smoothies are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, it’s also easier for you to digest since you’ve already blended everything nicely!
- Anti-depressant + energy booster: Green smoothies can be mood stabilizing and rejuvenating since they are chock full of chlorophyll, folic acid and antioxidants which help protect your body from free radical damage and diseases.
- Beautiful, radiant skin, healthy hair and strong nails: Thanks to the vitamins and nutrients consumed and toxins flushed out when we consume green smoothies.
- Can lower cholesterol and improve high blood pressure.
- Lowers risk of inflammation and chronic diseases.
- Essential for women throughout pregnancy for making sure mother and baby get proper nutrition and also great for alleviating symptoms in menopausal women and PMS.
To all green smoothie lovers, I hope this brief article has validated your daily healthy habit. And if you’re a newbie, I hope it has piqued your curiosity enough to try this delicious and nutritious breakfast!